A.J. Paulsen

Monday, December 13, 2010

Almost Time for Christmas!!!


I probably won’t get around to updating this for awhile, so I better do it now! The next few weeks are going to be busy ones. My next treatment is this Friday. It’s number five! By the end of December I will be halfway done. On January 27th (my birthday fyi!!) I will finish my 8th treatment and I will undergo tests again to see where the cancer is at. I am hoping my birthday present will be that it is almost gone!

JonAaron is in the middle of finals this week. I can’t believe that the first semester has gone by. It has definitely been a crazy one for him. He has been amazing through this semester, in school, being a great dad, and supporting me. He will be going to New York sometime in January to meet with some companies, and then Boston later on. We will also find out where his internship will be pretty soon.

A.J. is great as well! He smiles and loves to play! He is growing so fast, and it has been a blast. I am looking into taking some swim lessons with him in the next few months. I can and cannot wait for him to get older. He has so many friends and cousins around him that he is going to love playing with. As long as he still likes to cuddle up with his mom, then I am happy.

I did wait to put up our Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving, but it was hard to wait. I also went black Friday shopping for the first time. I did not want go after any hot item, I did it more for emotional support of JonAaron and his brother in law Jayson. (but thanks to my sister-in-laws for the Old Navy pajamas!) I think that everyone is crazy to wake up and wait outside in the freezing cold weather! JonAaron and I were huddled up in a blanket and we were visiting with the people next to us in line and the woman said to JonAaron, “oh your poor wife.” Because I looked cold, and JonAaron responded, “Yeah, and she’s got cancer!” We all started laughing, even though we had to explain that I really did have cancer, but it was funny. She said she hoped that I got the $500.00 gift certificate, but I didn’t, I got a $10.00 one and bought some socks!

Treatment is going good. The doctors are very positive about my progress. I will be honest that I have good days and bad days, I wish I could be stronger sometimes, but I think that is why I have so many people around me that care and love me. Your prayers and thoughts really help me through. I also am grateful for a great husband and little boy. They are the strongest reasons that help me through this and they along with all of your thoughts and prayers will be the reason I will beat this!

Wow enough of all the emotional stuff! I hope that you all have a great Christmas! I am looking forward to our first one as a family. We are also going to go to St. George and visit with some friends in between treatments. It will be nice to get away for a little bit and enjoy some warmer weather!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you have a lot going on! We are glad things are going well and that your treatment is going well. We can't wait til we get to meet A.J. and hopefully it will be soon. Keep posting pics cause we love to see you guys! If you ever want to get to warmer weather, you're more than welcome to come visit us! It is perfect down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there! i'm sad we missed you guys while you were down here. i'm glad I found your blog though- i loved reading it! AJ is soooo handsome :) i admire you for your strength going through cancer as a new mom. keep up the good work, and let's try again next time your in st george.

    ReplyDelete