A.J. Paulsen

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Updates

Hello again. This past week has been a long one. I finally finished all of the tests, including one where I couldn't touch A.J. for 24 hours. Thanks for taking care of him Aunt Trulee, it was his first sleep over. I am really glad that is all done.
W e have some new information and a set plan now. We met with Dr. Morgan yesterday, and both of us were very impressed with him. His office is also very friendly. We found out that the Hodgkins lymphoma is State 2 B bulky. This means that I have multiple sites, (stage 2) somewhat symptomatic, (B)and I have a large tumor that is is considered bulky inside my chest. This was the news that we expected to hear. He said the treatment we will be doing is Chemotherapy and after some radiation therapy. It will talk 6 months of Chemo followed by 3 weeks of Radiation therapy. Hopefully I can be all better by A.J.'s first birthday!
The worst part of the whole appointment was the bone marrow biopsy. It was definitely not as bad as I thought it would be, but it was not very pleasant either.
To Our surprise we were able to start Chemotherapy right there. It was pretty good and no problems went on. Last night I just felt tired and a little nauseous. This morning followed with more nausea, so I take some medicine for it.
We are going to try to do Chemo every other Thursday at 11:00. If you could help let me know. We would need someone to watch A.J. and someone to watch me during chemo. No pressure for anyone to help, but if you can we would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment